Saturday, January 3, 2015

Post 2 Week One - Reflect before beginning this week

Lets get started folks! Hopefully you have purchased many of the suggested items in the first post. In order to begin this will,  I will be breaking up the post so that it is not overwhelming but please be sure to read each post because all of the post will be interrelated. In order for you to make a plan that works specifically for you, please take a moment to reflect on the following:

1. Are you are eater or drinker? Personally I can care less about drinks...I actually have to force myself to drink anything. But that works well for me because it allows me to use my calories on foods that will keep be feeling full and satisfied. Now some folks love to sip and drink (soda, coffee, juice, tea, water ...all day).  Just be aware of your pattern and we will talk about drinking a little later .......but it is important to know if you prefer to drink a lot or eat.

2. What is the most important meal of the day for you? More importantly which meal do you want to be your BIG MEAL?  Initially I thought it was breakfast for me...but then I realized I used more calories in the morning and was starving near dinner time. This caused me to overeat and snack at night. Take a moment and note where and when you need the largest meal. I suggest dinner but everyones body is different.

3. Are you a snacker? and do you prefer Salty/Sweet snacks? I like salty snacks...and actually have to have a small bag of utz everyday. I love to snack so I have to plan for that each day. I keep a grab bag of every type of snack possible so that I do not go to the vending machine or make food stops. Small no calorie snacks is the key for snackers. This is a subject we will explore more on this blog!

4.  What is your trigger? What causes you to eat?  - Is it the vending machine, stress, watching tv, hunger, or being bored. I have a few triggers, the first one for me is DRIVING! Yes when I drive I feel like should need to stop and grab a snack. For 16 years I commuted 90 mins a day, so the car was my meal and snack time. Now I plan for this trigger.

My second trigger is the battle of salt vs sugar. Once I have something salty....I immediately want a little something sweet and that causes me to want more salt. That entire scenario causes me to go crazy with snacking. So whats your trigger..... I guess this is another topic we have to tackle huh?!?!


Reflecting on all of these will help you to substitute my suggested menu items and replace some  of the menu items with things that work well for you.  Feel free to reply below or reflect quietly in your journal. The goal is LIFE STYLE CHANGE that works and getting to know YOU!! Changing for the moment leads to momentary weight loss....life style changes leads to lasting results!

From the Heart,

Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment