Thursday, January 1, 2015

Prep Yourself for Success- Good and Healthy Eating

Weight loss and Healthy eating is a challenge but with good advice, help, support and suggestions ....we can do this together. The first step is preparing yourself for success. I am going to first suggest some things to have and how to prepare ourselves for success.

Ensure you have:

1. Food Scale: It will be important to weight your food (meats in particular). It does not have to be a fancys scale, just reliable one. I use the weight watcher digital but prior to that I used a basic walmart food scale

2. Weight Scale: This will help you track you success. Do not get on the scale everyday. Pick one a day week that will be your "weigh-in day".

3. Tape Measure: Sometimes we loss inches and you want to ensure that you weigh and measure yourself once a week. Its really encouraging!

4. Journal: you have to write down what you are eating.

5. Snack or Lunch Bag: I have to use a grab bag to ensure I have all my treats handy.

6. The right foods handy (see my list below)



Things to do:

1. Get rid of the leftovers and junk food. We are going to restock the food pantry and fridge with good and healthy stuff.

2. Grocery Shop and Prep for the Week (see the list below).

3.  Get your mind ready for the battles. This is a journey and a little by little you will see a difference.  The first two weeks your body will be fighting you a bit but it gets easier! Prepare now !

4. Please feel free to follow my plan, however I strongly recommend joining Weight Watchers also. I use their basic guide for weight loss and maintenance. Their tracking app and fitness link band helps!


Grocery:
1. Bottle Waters: this is a must have
2. Hot Coffee/Tea
3. Variety of Fresh Fruit: Strawberry, apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, cherries.....
4. Peppers and Onion: You can buy this already mixes and chopped in most stores. I suggest, red, yellow, orange,  green peppers, along with chopped onions
5. fresh baby spinach
6. Egg Whites (100% Egg Whites)
7. Bacon (or turkey bacon yuck!) - i use Gwaltney low sodium
8. Kraft fat free Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
9. Pam Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
10. Promises I can't believe its not butter cooking spray
11. Oatmeal: I like Brown Sugar Oatmeal - Look for WEIGHT CONTROL OATMEAL
12. Chicken: Legs and Boneless Skinless thighs
13. Cracker Barrel Cheese Sticks (regular is fine)
14. Fiber one bars
15. Sugar Free Flavored Coffee Creamer (if you  like coffee)
16. Crystal Light packets  (I like Raspberry Lemonade Packets)
17. Veggies: Green Beans, Broccoli , Collards....whatever GREEN veggies you like
18. Rice: I like the 90 second heating packets: Jasmine and Basmati Rice.
19. My Treat : Veggie Straws (i like the Zesty Ranch) By the individual bags.
20. Fiber One Wraps
21.  Weight Watchers Individual Chicken (freezer section)
22. Fresh Finely Cut Fajita Veggie Mix: I like the mix with Broccoli, onion, peppers, carrots. Many stores have it already chopped in the produce section. Wegmans can cut it up for you.
23. Weight Watchers/Smart one meals: Look in the freeze section for meals. The points are at the bottom. Aim for items under 8 points. Definitely grab some of the soups and I love the Sante Fe Chicken. Go with your taste buds.
24. Meats: Salmon (individuals), Turkey Wing Sections, Lean cuts of Pork Chops (if you eat pork), Fish (if you are fish eater)
25. Sweet Eaters: Look at the weight watchers snacks aisle. Aim for things under 4 pts.
26. Plenty of the Sandwich Bags!
27. Alternate Sweetener: I prefer Splenda
28. Yogurt: I prefer Yoplait 100 calorie Greek or Dannon Light and Fit (100 calories is the key)
29. Seasoning (pick from your likes..however i use all of thes): Salt, pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Thyme, Chicken Bouillon, Ground Ginger, and  Accent (i know some folks don't like it but i do)

Okay I think I covered the beginning bases. We will prep meals for the week to make this easier. Grab and go is awesome! Starting on Monday....Plan to food prep on Sunday.  Together we can do this!!

From the Heart,

Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment