Saturday, January 3, 2015

Post 3 - Week one Plan your meals!

Alright, now everyone it is time to start cooking and prepping.  Here is a few things I first want you to remember:

1. Take an afternoon to prep for the week - I use Sunday evening to prep so that monday I can just grab and go! Place everything is small baggies and containers so that you just have to drop in in your food bag. It takes me all of 5 mins to grab all my goods in the morning

2. Family Dinner/Cooking - I am loving all the questions that I am seeing on preparing food for the whole family that fits with your menu. YOU CAN DO THAT! My family eats the same things that I do and have no idea its all a part of my healthy plan. The days of SALAD and GRILLED CHICKEN ARE GONE YA'LL!! I will share recipes that work for the entire family and that do not take A LONG TIME. I always try to cook for 2 to 3 days at a time. When you cook...cook enough for a few days so that you are worn out and learn the art of hiding and stashing some so that they can not eat everything in one setting lol

3. Did you pick your weigh in / measuring day? I suggest 5 days completely on your plan and then weigh yourself. STAY OF THE SCALE DURING THE WEEK! That will discourage you...wait until the end.

So Lets Get Started:

a. Weight and measure yourself and then log it in your journal. Take a selfie because you are about to evolve :)

b. Grab your lunch bag and fill it with enough food, fruits and snacks to last until you get back home.


Daily Routine:
Here is the daily morning routine that works well for me:
1. Water first! Before you eat anything....Drink 1 bottle of water but Aim for 2 bottles. This will begin filling you first before you evening eat but Lets be honest....the key to your beginning weight loss is URINATING. Drink until your URINE is one the clearer side. That fat flushing.

2. After my water - I have COFFEE. Coffee is known to help speed up the metabolism.  I do not like black coffee so I am careful about only adding things that are calorie free. If you remember in my last post I talked about loving to stop for a treat/snack. Coffee is my treat! I go to Starbucks every day because it fills that trigger need for me to stop and get a snack. I get my:
"Blonde Roast, Sugar Free Vanilla, Fat Free Milk and 5 splenda (yes its alot but I can not use sugar)" EVERYDAY! But I also have to trick myself a little bit. I do not allow myself to enjoy this beverage until I have finished my water. I am not a big fan of water so this motivates me to hurry up and drink it so that I can get to what I really want...my coffee

3. Breakfast - I give myself a little time before I begin eating breakfast. The earlier I begin eating, the more I eat within a day. Remember I talked about knowing where your big meal needs to be in the last post. So what do I eat for breakfast.....glad you asked. Here are some breakfast options.

     Option 1: Weight Control Oatmeal, fruit (strawberries and banana)  and 2 pieces of Bacon
     Option 2:  Egg muffie (recipe below), fruit and 2 pieces of Bacon
     Option 3: Fruit (on days that I am not as hungry)
     Option 4: Veggie Egg White Omelet and 2 pieces of bacon (if you are home and have time to fix breakfast). Use Pam Cooking spray and load the egg white omelet with lots of veggies.

I know some folks do not like breakfast but I encourage everyone to eat a little something in the mornings in order to BREAK THE FAST. Your body needs a little fuel in the morning .  Use Opt 3 if you are not big on breakfast

4. Snack Times - every 2 to 3 hours eat a light SNACK. This keeps you from getting overly hungry and keep your metabolism going.  Snack Options : (pick one)
    Option 1: Fruit (grapes, banana...) and 100 calorie yogurt
    Option 2: Cheese Stick and Fruit
    Option 3: Fiber One Bar
    Option 4: Small Bags of Plan Utz Chips  or Veggie Straws (i usually by the  utz 1/2 chips)

5. Drink! - Water and low calorie beverages between meals help you to feel full longer.

Breakfast Egg White Muffies Recipe
" I suggest cooking no more than 6 at a time unless you are cooking these for the entire family for the week".
Egg Muffies

Ingredients
Chopped Onion
Chopped Peppers (yellow, green, orange, red..)
Chopped tomatoes
Fresh baby spinach
(other veggies of your choice)
Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (I use Kraft Fat Free)
Liquid Egg Whites
Seasoning (Salt, Pepper)
Pam Butter Flavored Spray
Cupcake Pan
Optional Fat Free Salsa: I love to top these with a little salsa

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. On top of the stove, lightly sauté the vegetables. Spray a cooking pan with Pam Butter Flavored spray and add all of the veggies. Lightly season to taste with salt and paper. Add more spray if the veggies need more oil.
3. Spray the muffin pan with nonstick spray
4. In each muffin tim: Add 2 tbsp of veggies to the bottom, 3 tbsp of egg whites, and 1 1/2 tbsp Fat free cheddar cheese
5. Cook in the oven for 20 - 25 mins until the egg muffies are light brown, puffy and the eggs are set.
6. Store in sandwich bags in the refrigerator.
7. To reheat these just place in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds.



Veggie Mix



From The Heart,
Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment